In this article, we will explain how to manually add a new guest and send them your guest feedback survey.
Note: adding guests one by one is useful when you only have one or two guests to upload, or want to send a test survey. If you have a few guests to add to GuestRevu, you may find it easier to upload guest details in bulk.
- Log in to your GuestRevu account at
This article relates to:
- Click on Guests > Manage Guests
- In the top right-hand corner, click on New Guest
- A new window will open on the Guest Details Tab where you can enter details about your guest. While only the Email field is mandatory, the more details you put in about the guest and their stay, the more accurately you can filter your reports to understand your guest experience in detail.
- If you would like to add further details, click on the tabs at the top of the window to add your guest's:
º Stay details (Check-In Check-Out Date, Room Number etc.)
º Guest Location (Their physical address details or Country)
º Misc. Details (P.S note or Custom Note – This is great for personalising email invites)
- Once you’re happy with the information, click Save. An email with a link to your guest feedback survey will be sent to the newly added guest immediately, or two days* after their check-out date, whichever comes first.
*The default delay for survey invitation emails is two days after checkout, but you can ask the support team to change this, if you like. Contact the support team at email@example.com or via the chat at the bottom right of your screen.
How do I see the guest I have just added?
To view the guest you have just added, you can search for them using their email address.
- Stay in your Guests > Manage screen
- Reset the date range so the check-out date of the guest you would like to view is included. You must reset the date range to allow the list to refresh to include data of newly-added guests.
Once the list has refreshed, you can see all the guests’ Display Names and Last Actions such as Invitation Sent, Pending, Thank you Sent.
You can filter the list of guests by source and by last action.
To filter by review source, choose one or more from the horizontal list to the left. To only view guests who have been or will be sent a GuestRevu survey, for example, click the GuestRevu button.
To filter by last action, click the Filter By Last Action button and select an option from the dropdown. Find out more about what each of the last actions means here.
Can I edit a guest’s details?
Yes, you will have the ability to edit some of the fields as seen below:
Any emails sent to the guest before you make the changes (such as the survey invite email) will have been sent with the previously saved details. Any emails that have not yet been sent to the guest (such as the reminder email, which is sent three days after the first invite email) will reflect the changes you have made.
Can I delete a guest?
No, you cannot delete a guest. If you do not want to send them any further emails from GuestRevu, you can add the guest to the unsubscribe list. Find out how here.
Note: If exceptional circumstances arise and you need a guest to be removed entirely from your GuestRevu account, please contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be happy to advise and assist you.
The more feedback the better, even if it isn't always 100% positive. Critical feedback from guests is where you will find out how you can provide better experiences. Strive to send a survey invite to every guest that visits your property.