Sharing guest comments on social media
In this article, we will explain our social sharing feature, and show you how to share positive comments from your guest questionnaires and online reviews to your hotel’s social media pages directly from your GuestRevu account.
Sharing your guest’s comments on social media is a useful tool for encouraging potential guests to choose you when booking their next stay.
Part 1: Selecting your comments
Before you begin, you’ll need to find the best comments to share. The best way to do this is by going to your Comprehensive Report, where you’ll be able to see all of the comments from your guest questionnaires and online reviews in one place.
- Log in to your GuestRevu account at https://my.guestrevuapp.com
- Click on Reports > Comprehensive
- Click on the Comments, Suggestions and Reviews tab
- Pick a comment you think will make a great testimonial and click Share
- Confirm that you would like to share this comment by clicking Submit. This will add the comment to your social sharing feature, but it won’t share the comment on your social media accounts just yet.
You can add as many comments as you like to the social sharing feature by repeating the instructions above.
Part 2: Sharing your comments
- Once you’ve chosen the comments that you’d like to share (see the instructions above), click on Social Media > Sharing. Here you will see all your chosen guest comments and reviews.
- Find the comment you would like to share, and click on Actions > Share Comment
This will open up a new window with your hotel’s name, the selected comment and the guest’s name. This is what will be shared to your social media accounts.
- To share the comment to a social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, click on that platform's icon in the bottom right.
- This will take you to the selected social network’s usual status update page. Make sure you’re logged in as the hotel and/or that you are a page admin so that you to post the review on the correct page.
- Once you’re happy with the post, click Submit/Post. Your guest’s comment will now appear on your hotel’s social media account for any past and potential guests to appreciate.
Editing guest comments:
In cases where you only want to share part of a guest’s comment, or where a comment has a grammar or spelling error, you’re also able to edit your guests’ comments and online reviews for sharing*.
To do this, first select the comments and reviews that you would like to share from your Consolidated Report (see instructions above):
- Click on Actions > Edit
- From here, you can edit the comment as needed. Just remember not to change the sentiment of the comment, and try to keep it as close to the original as possible.
- Click Update, and your comment will now be ready to share.
*NEVER change the sentiment or meaning of the comment, and keep the comments as close to the original as possible